View Single Post
Old 10-04-21, 11:57 AM
restlessswind

Bikes: 2017 Surly Cross-Check. 2020 Specialized Turbo Vado 3.0, 2002 GT Dyno Roadster, 2002 Rans Stratus, 2020 Giant Fathom 2, 2011 Trek Pure Sport

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked 85 Times in 62 Posts
Thanks everyone for your input. I have put over 20 miles on the Stratus, and I absolutely love it! It is as I'm riding a Cadillac. There is history behind this bike. The original owner traveled around the world and put over 1000 mi on it just in India. The only thing it needs is some new tires and the half-pipe grips and perhaps some fresh brake pads. The SRAM 9.0 shifters are in perfect shape. The only thing is I am unable to climb a steep, short hill near my house that leads from the MUT. Even when I tried to pedal hard, I could hear/feel the seat back mesh stressing. That made me reconsider trying this daunting hill. Luckily, walking it up is only about a minute.. It is a 3x9 speed. SRAM 9.0 rear and Shimano 105 triple /crankset with a tiny granny chainwheel.

As for the Burley Limbo, I just couldn't pass it up at the price. The wheelset alone was worth the price of the bike. Very nice Deore hubs and eyeleted rims. . It is literally brand new with a few minor garage abrasions (seat assembly is mint). I only rode it for a minute to try it out.. I need to configure to the CLWB as it is too awkward and my foot kept striking the wheel. Also, there is no way to mount a kickstand on it. as for the coil-over Rockshox monoshock, it seems to be nice and stiff. I can post pics of it tonight.

Last edited by restlessswind; 10-04-21 at 12:04 PM.