Old 10-16-21, 06:01 AM
reluctantsuburb

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked 24 Times in 16 Posts
Well, thanks to all for the input. I can tell you I am very, thoroughly confused

Here's where I stand today:
  • I've gotten in a few sub ten mile rides and they've all been very enjoyable. The bike is speedy and fun. I feel like I'm growing used to the drops and enjoying them
  • The bike is definitely smaller than ideal, but I'm trying to decide if it's a workable size. I've been considering some wheel sets but am currently afraid to pull the trigger due to some of the comments here
  • When it comes to a vintage bike like this, I imagine there will always be something I'm compromising on... Trying not to set too high of expectations
All of that being said, I'd love input on a couple of things from anyone still viewing the thread. I forced my wife to take a few profile shots of me on the bike so we're not just in the theoretical when talking about fit. One on the tops, one on the hoods, one in the drops.
  • Based on fit with my current frankenstem, does the bike look like it's worth continuing to invest in? Next steps are stem, wheel set, and brakes
  • Based on what you're seeing and my stated use case of pseudo rando, am I barking up the wrong tree?
thanks!