Old 10-20-21, 11:13 AM
CliffordK

Mentioned: 217 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18451 Post(s)
Liked 4,562 Times in 3,389 Posts
Originally Posted by Jac41721
Hi US cyclists,
Sorry I didn't realize this is a US based forum. In my anger, I was going all crazy.
This forum has members from around the world. Mostly English speaking participants, but even some who struggle with the language. But, perhaps 9 out of 10 members are in the USA.

I've heard about the cycle to work scheme. Essentially a tax-free loan to buy the bike.

First I'd go back to the bike shop and see if they can come up with some suggestions. Surely they could do a trade-in without messing up the scheme.

One problem is essentially global delays on purchasing new bikes. So, trading the Medium for a Small, you could get thrown onto a year long waiting list.

As mentioned above, talk to the program administrators. If you only work with a HR coordinator with a small company, perhaps that person could direct you to a more regional person one or two levels up, either in your company, or in the government.

Issues of trading bikes have to have come up sometime in the past.

There are still bikes showing up on the used market. That may not work with the Cycle to Work scheme, but could be a way to get around the global stock shortage problems.