View Single Post
Old 10-25-21, 12:14 PM
bikejrff

Bikes: No. 22 Bicycle Great Divide, Lynskey R260, Salsa Colossal Ti, Litespeed T5, Lynskey Peloton, Bianchi Vigorelli, CAAD 10, Giant FastRoad CoMax 1, C-Dale Quick 1

Liked 36 Times in 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Broctoon
When my wife and I want a quick, convenient route, we have one pretty good option, a rectangular loop of 9.5 miles. It starts and ends right out our driveway, as we live about midway along one of the rectangle's long sides. This is the only part of the ride that's on a road. The other long side and both short ends are paved MUPs.

At one end of the rectangle, there is pretty scenery, especially at sunset. At the opposite end, there are lots trees and a pond. The long sides take us through residential neighborhoods and farm fields. There are no commercial, industrial, or urban areas.

The route sits on a slight incline, not steep, but just enough slope to make it interesting. We can choose how we want to take the incline by riding the loop clockwise or counter-clockwise: descent at the beginning and end of the ride with climbing in the middle, or climbing at the start and end with descent in the middle.

We ride this quite often, and I've also walked and jogged all or part of it many times. It is one of my favorite things about the place where we live.

Edit: Looking at the map, I realize it's technically more of a parallelogram, with slightly curved ends.
Your ride loop is around the entire perimeter of Montana? wow