View Single Post
Old 11-16-21, 07:16 PM
Lman
L-man

Bikes: Co Op cty 1.3 -light touring ~1972 Peugeot OU 8 / 1992? Specialized Allez Shimankestien

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked 34 Times in 23 Posts
Originally Posted by veganbikes
Keep in mind Lance Armstrong and other racers of the era did sometimes use STI on the right and downtube for the left to save weight when getting to the UCI minimum was a little harder. Unlikely that Specialized did that on a production bike but the bike could have been used in competition?

I do agree it should be overhauled the bike could use some love, it has great parts Tricolor and 7400 on a decent frame so hopefully it can be made relatively new again,
thank you for encouraging words....got one adopted daughter in first year of college, another in 10th grade, all on a technicians salary....( There is no extra money around here, lol!), I have to make the most of this bike.
I Want to be able to do a century ride/100 miles...
My heavy co-op cry 1.3 although comfortable, is a beast and I can only average 13 mph on 30 - to - 65 mile rides.
THis bike is so light and fast to me/ green newbie, I'm hoping that it has good bones to last with proper care and maintenance ! If you can't tell I'm very excited for the journey. Again thank you for words that give me hope.
Wife has said this is it for a long while....lol.
Likes For Lman: