View Single Post
Old 11-24-21, 09:26 PM
jet sanchEz

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 948 Post(s)
Liked 862 Times in 388 Posts
Originally Posted by Jared Purdy
I'd want to know what shape the chrome is in? I have a 2005 Master in the LX21 paint scheme with the Colnago Street carbon fork. Given its age, in spite of only ever having gotten it wet a handful of times in sixteen years, and having been kept in the family room when not in use, both chromed lugs on mine have some rust on them. Aside from that, there is a need for some paint touch up here and there, nothing dramatic though.

To be sure, I have babied that bike, but it has been ridden, as it should be. There's a fabulous bike refinishing company in Toronto that can paint the art deco paint scheme as well as what is done in the Colnago factory. It's called Velo Colour. Check out their web site. As I have only recently joined the forum, and I haven't made ten posts yet, I'm apparently not allowed to imbed links. However, as I was told by one of the staff, they aren't currently offering chrome services as they have not been satisfied with the results from businesses in the GTA. Apparently, chroming the lugs on a bike is different than chroming bumpers and other car parts.

Currently, the Master can be had in Canada for $4500. That comes with the steel fork. I don't believe that Colnago offers any other fork for it. I imagine that you can get one in the USA for around $3500US. Total Cycling in the UK has them from between $2550CDN-$3000CDN. They works of art, especially the ones with the art deco paint schemes. Real show stoppers. I get comments on mine all the time.
Dunno who Velo Colour uses for chrome but I have used Mayfair Plating down on Carlaw many times for forks and have been very happy with the results.

Not bad for $60