Old 12-03-21, 02:43 PM
Litespud

Bikes: 2000 Litespeed Vortex Chorus 10, 1995 DeBernardi Cromor S/S

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 645 Post(s)
Liked 797 Times in 446 Posts
Originally Posted by chaadster
So, although I’ve been a winter rider for nearly 3 decades, I’m embarrassed to admit that I’m just this winter getting into using a hot bottle (aka thermos, or insulated bottle). The sh*t’s nice, man, and adds a bit of comfort to freezing cold rides. Being new to this, though, I’m not sure what kind of hot liquid I should be drinking. I’ve been out a couple of times with tea, figuring the caffeine would be nice, but have discovered the drying tannins of black tea ain’t so great, and I’m wondering what you folks drink which might be better? Green tea? Tisane? Hot Gatorade? What’s your hot liquid of choice and what do you love about it?
I carry a stainless insulated flask of black coffee in one bottle cage during winter rides - I make a pot when I get up, have one cup pre-ride and pour the rest into the flask. The unpainted steel also matches nicely with the bright brushed Ti frame (shallow? Moi?). Other cage holds a water bottle, but I use almost no water even on a 50+ miler, since I'm not sweating at these temperatures.