View Single Post
Old 12-22-21, 09:08 PM
VegasJen

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 884 Post(s)
Liked 571 Times in 309 Posts
I'm getting back into riding now in a big way. I used to ride just for fun as a kid, but that was just a kid doing kid stuff. I was stationed in Okinawa for a year and got into riding a lot there rather than buying a car and driving on the wrong side of the road. After I got back, I kind of let go of riding in favor of other hobbies. Now that I'm getting older, and more arthritic, the joints can't take the beating they used to from running. I've switched back to biking as my primary means of staying in shape. I don't count my annual miles or anything like that, but I do have certain rides that are a defined distance and I ride them for time. Just my own personal best, not any sort of competition.
Although I have recently started participating in triathlons. Notice I said "participate" and not "compete". At my age, the only competition is finishing before the course closes.
I tell people about my workout regimen and, especially at my age, a lot of people are shocked. I tell them I don't work out like I work out because I like to work out. I work out like I work out because I like to eat!
Likes For VegasJen: