View Single Post
Old 12-31-21, 09:47 AM
rholland1951

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 536 Post(s)
Liked 1,783 Times in 904 Posts
On Christmas Eve, I returned from a three-weeks' masked sojourn in Italy, apparently uninfected. The wisdom and vicissitudes of Pandemic Tourism are out of scope here, but I did notice that e-bikes have become an increasingly visible component of Italian cycling, especially in city centers, and seem to be successfully competing for the ecological niche long occupied by Vespas.

On Wednesday, I put the GT Karakoram on the stand and swapped out the Rene Herse Humptulips Ridge Extralights, in exchange for studded Nokian Hakkapeliitta W240 snow & ice tires. This is a case of competing goods, but having occasionally fallen on ice riding without studs, I find I get more winter cycling done if I have a bike fitted with them readily to hand. Thursday, I took the GT out for a test run on the Minuteman.

There were turkeys.

There were Bert and Ernie, encouraging the trail users.

In general, the bike seemed road-worthy, but a perhaps-imagined vagueness in rear-end tracking will probably have it back on the stand before it gets more serious miles.

In other related matters, I took another bike project into Battle Road Bikes, so the value of N is apt to continue to increase over the next few weeks. Good to be back.

rod

Last edited by rholland1951; 12-31-21 at 12:20 PM.
Likes For rholland1951: