View Single Post
Old 01-01-22, 07:58 PM
thumpism 
Bikes are okay, I guess.

Bikes: Waterford Paramount Touring, Giant CFM-2, Raleigh Sports 3-speeds in M23 & L23, Schwinn Cimarron oddball build, Marin Palisades Trail dropbar conversion, Nishiki Cresta GT

Liked 2,452 Times in 1,559 Posts
Just a few miles around the neighborhood but it was my first ride in months, and only my second outing ever on the Nishiki Cresta GT that I bought almost two years ago. It's actually a pretty nice bike but I need a taller stem and I hate the downtube shifters. I've been thinking about selling this one but might make some changes and try to ride it some more. Weather turns cold again in a day or so, so I should give this one a try again tomorrow.

Initially I was excited about the randonneur bars, the widest of this bend I've seen, but the rise is so slight that any benefit is unnoticeable so I'll just yank the stem/bar/lever/tape/cable combo complete and replace with another, setting the originals aside in case I do decide to part with it.

It's amazing how out of shape you get for riding if all you do is home renovation and motor vehicle projects.

Ordinarily on New Year's Day I would air up all my bikes and ride each one down to the corner and back, just to get the year off to a good start and knowing that it would consist of not much more riding than that all year. This year I have five high up on hoists in the garage rafters and only four on hooks in the low area, so I planned to ride those four. By mid-afternoon, it was pretty clear that not even that would happen and only the Nishiki got ridden.

Last edited by thumpism; 01-01-22 at 08:10 PM.
Likes For thumpism: