View Single Post
Old 01-06-22, 01:05 PM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10608 Post(s)
Liked 12,226 Times in 6,267 Posts
Originally Posted by Mojo31
I know some guys who are really into hunting, some of them into the "exotic" hunting. A couple of them went to a fancy hunting ranch "up yonder in the north somewhere" to hunt deer. They took several. One guy told me that the price was $10,000 + per head depending on the size of the rack. And, the ranch keeps the meet.

I've had lots of game to eat, some I like and some I don't. Elk is good if properly prepared. I really enjoy Bison due to its leanness. Quail is good. Some deer is okay depending on how it's prepared. Fried alligator on the bayou is good. Not a fan of wild boar, snake, rabbit, Rocky Mountain oysters, or dove at all.
I gotta say, most of the folks on the bowhunting forum tended to disdain what they called 'canned hunts', which is what the 'fancy hunting ranch' sounds like. They were very much of the 'eat what you kill' ethic.

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles