Thread: Trek vs Canyon
View Single Post
Old 01-12-22, 05:00 AM
GhostRider62

Liked 2,098 Times in 1,314 Posts
If I buy a Trek Emonda for instance, and decide I want a different bar/stem combo, do I have to buy those? Where? What if I want a 25 mm setback seatpost, does Trek sell those? Or Canyon? Do they sell those parts? I could not find those dimensions on the website or even something as simple as crankarm length.

I am a completely DIY guy and am sure I would not go down the Canyon path myself. Aside from the fact when I enter my morpological data, they say, "something is wrong, we have not designed a bike for you"....their website is horrible. It looks like they don't make it for riders 6'3''. If I enter 6'2'', they put me into a Large. With a STA of 74. No way that would fit.

The PPS (Perfect Positioning System) is a tool for determining the perfect frame size for your new Canyon. Once you have the correct frame size, you can then dial in your position on the bike down to the smallest detail once you receive and assemble the bik
But they provide no details on how this process plays out other than enter complex data (inseam and height).

Run. To a local bike shop with a good fitter.