View Single Post
Old 01-13-22, 06:48 PM
quadripper

Bikes: Trek

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Thanks for the help guys. Seems like all the options are viable so maybe i need to keep thinking about it...

from what I have looked at so far, i am thinking between the Schwinn IC4 stationary bike or the Kickr Core, either of which runs about $1000.

I've ridden a stationary bike before but never ridden a trainer. any suggestions on how to think about this? what is the difference in experience between these two?

more considerations, I'm trying to avoid a monthly fee, i don't mind manually entering my workouts on strava. and i prefer something lower maintenance. Something I am thinking about with the trainer is that my old bike is originally a $400 budget bike and it seems silly to put a cheap old bike on a trainer that costs more than twice as much. But the bike is comfortable so i guess that's ok - but how big of a deal is chain wear, and maintenance etc, if i go with the trainer option?
also about my training goals - mostly i am just trying to maintain cardio fitness and leg strength. I am not planning on racing, at most i will participate in one organized ride a year, like a century.

thanks again