View Single Post
Old 01-22-22, 05:40 PM
RH Clark

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 590 Post(s)
Liked 513 Times in 285 Posts
Originally Posted by PeteHski
That is just nuts! Having listened to the guys on Trainer Road for the last year or so I'm sold on a sensible fuel-to-ride strategy alongside a core healthy diet. I'm a full-on eating machine during endurance events and find it very effective. But I don't need to lose any significant weight, so it's only a matter of maintenance. I might aim to drop 5 kg for a big mountain event, but that would simply involve slightly smaller portions within my core diet over several months. I hardly even notice it.
Yea, that's definitely a better way. You have to understand that I did know I was pushing things because of a unique situation. In 2 years at age 50-52 I had gone from 360lbs to 170lbs. I have done remarkably well with lose skin issues and had been intermittent fasting on a 20 off-4 on eating cycle for a good year. I rode a bike 360 days that second year and had many rides of 20-30 miles during that 20 hour fasting period. I just got in a hurry to see a 6 pack and pushed it too much at over 36 hours.
Likes For RH Clark: