View Single Post
Old 01-27-22, 01:09 PM
Drillium Dude 
Banned.

Mentioned: 256 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2588 Post(s)
Liked 4,829 Times in 1,709 Posts
1986 Tommasini Super Prestige, first purchased during my four-year tour in Hawaii. Originally finished in gray/silver "marble", it was damaged in a slow speed accident which snapped the FD boss halfway through. Once back to the mainland I had Domenic's Cycles in Tempe, AZ repair and refinish the frame in Guard's Red. The work was actually done by Tommasini (Domenic's had a unique relationship with Tommasini, who built and painted the shop's branded frames).

It was a bit on the small side. In order to make it work for me I ended up needing an extended setback seatpost (Corima carbon) and an ITM aerobar setup. Took it to Diego Garcia for my second tour in 2000-2001 where I regularly raced on it. In fact I took my only race win on this bike, in the configuration seen below, in December 2001- just two weeks before I transferred. The bike was later dismantled, the frame and parts sold over the years - again, too small to be a keeper.

Please excuse the fuzzy pics as they're both photos of photos, from the Days Before Digital.

DD

Last edited by Drillium Dude; 09-29-22 at 08:18 PM.
Likes For Drillium Dude: