Old 02-02-22, 08:07 AM
Morimorimori

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Sorry everyone that I haven't answered in a while.. Had a lot on my plate..

Originally Posted by shelbyfv
What are you eating now on century rides?
As I live in a country that uses metric system, a "century ride" is 100km around here So I eat very little, as it takes less than 4 hours to complete. I usually eat a huge breakfast (more like an early dinner), with a lots of slow burning carbs and sufficient protein as well. Then I take a 700ml bottle of sweet isotonic with me which provides may be 15-20g of carbs per hour to offset glycogen depletion a bit, a 700ml of plain water in another bottle, and may be a couple of musli bars (rarely use more than one). That's enough for me to reach my final destination about a time I'm starting to feel an approaching bonk, then I call it a day and go to grab some food in a local cafe.

For brevets of 200k I didn't use a well-planed feeding strategy before. Usually I just took a bunch of gels with me to use as a last resort, a bunch of sweet bars, the isotonic from before - and relied on something I could buy along the way, which could be anything, from Snikers bars to marshmallows to shawarma. I never tried to calculate the amount of carbs I consume, and never tried to establish some feeding schedule to follow. Just tried to drink something sweet from time to time, and have a bite of something I had in my pockets.

Last edited by Morimorimori; 02-02-22 at 08:17 AM.