View Single Post
Old 02-10-22, 06:31 PM
CliffordK

Mentioned: 217 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18445 Post(s)
Liked 4,551 Times in 3,382 Posts
Originally Posted by etherhuffer
Seems to me you were hit by a torpado. ahem.
Whilst cycling over well travelled bike paths in Seattle, glass and debris strewn, it seems to me the Cascade bicycle club should buy a 4 foot wide mini street sweeper. People could donate to get it and run it. One sweep in the Spring and Fall would go a long way to reduce flats.

I am going out on saturday on my Pasela PT's 32mm to see how they do in gravel. Taking a tube and patch kit and Park tire boot.
I think the local municipality does sweep periodically.

I complained very vocally to the county, and the local cycling group when someone dribbled about 5 miles of window glass along my rural road that I must ride to get to town. They came and swept it within a week or so.

I found this along one of the major off-road bike paths between Eugene and Springfield a few years ago. Access only by bike, foot, or boat.

I think I found it after a major holiday. You can see several stems, bases, etc. So, I just spent an hour or so picking up every shard I could spot. I suppose it would have eventually been swept, but I thought it was worth it to just stop and clear the path.

Obviously I can't pick up everything, but those bottles were a bit over the top.

Generally when I'm riding I am very vigilant for glass or other road hazards or debris. I try to memorize what to avoid, but occasionally forget some.