Old 02-15-22, 08:53 AM
RH Clark

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 599 Post(s)
Liked 516 Times in 287 Posts
Originally Posted by MinnMan
That's interesting. How do you know? Is there research that says this? My understanding is that research on autophagy in human subjects is pretty limited. Or is there some perception you have when you are in the supposed state?

Some autophagy happens whether you fast or not- for example, when you sleep. My understanding is that certain diets, exercise regimens, spices (supposedly tumeric), and fasting can increase it. So the concept of "to get into autophagy" is....hazy, I would have thought.
You are correct in that there are some grey areas. It seems that individuals vary considerably. A lot of factors enter in and not everyone will enter or exit Autophagy as easily. I preach the zero-calorie stipulation because it's the surest way to have the longest benefit. it's a subject only recently studied. The Nobel prize was awarded for Autophagy research in the last 5 years. The surest way is to do 24–48-hour fasts, but some benefit is gained by IM fasting depending on the individual and their current diet. It is very much worth studying.