View Single Post
Old 02-19-22, 12:53 PM
gthomson

Bikes: 2013 Cannondale Caad 8, 2010 Opus Fidelio, 1985 Peugeot UO14, 1999 Peugeot Dune, Sakai Select, L'Avantage, 1971 Gitane Apache Standard, 1999 Specialized Hard Rock

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 548 Post(s)
Liked 473 Times in 302 Posts
Originally Posted by Daniel4
Went to Vancouver, BC to visit my 86 yo mother. I joined the Trout Lake Community Centre gym for a month but due to Omicron, it closed after my third visit so I got my money back. Ended up buying a pair of 10lb dumbbells from a junk shop.

Now I'm back home in Toronto. Haven't returned to the gym yet but have been doing dumbbell exercises at home. Just got my winter bike ready to go: found a way to mount my rear facing camera. But we're having another few days of heavy snow and wind, so when I return to cycling, I start slowly. My cardio is shovelling snow.
I bet you could have been riding outside in Vancouver by this time instead of needing a gym membership? Much harder to do in Toronto these days. All the power to you for getting the courage up to go out in the harsh conditions we've been having since the new year. I can't face it.

Not sure if you're familiar with My Little Bike Shop and it's owner Cam, but he posts his wheelie rides on Instagram just about every day and I have to watch in awe as he flies along the icy cold Toronto streets popping a wheelie and getting super excited about it. Entertainment.