View Single Post
Old 02-24-22, 01:49 AM
canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Liked 2,814 Times in 1,808 Posts
Originally Posted by frisky1
For me, it's all about inflammation. Whatever I can do after a strenuous ride like using a foam roller for quads and hamstrings, heating pad or a massaging vibrator helps me recover. I also found that Meloxicam , a prescription drug anti-inflammatory helps me the most. Way better than any supplement. I try to take it sparingly only after a hard ride and on a full stomach. this plus yoga (stretching) allows me to ride 4-5 times a week. Sadly at age 74 I need this. Any other old timers that take meloxicam?
I might ask my doctor about meloxicam. Unfortunately most NSAIDs trigger my psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis, so I can't take them for more than a few days at a time. I had to take ibuprofen and aspirin for chronic upper respiratory inflammation for months recently, from autumn until just recently, and now have the usual flare-ups of psoriasis patches on the skin and psoriatic arthritis. Cleared up the sinus and nasal inflammation, though. Prednisone used to work well for me, but this last time I took it the stuff messed up my endocrine system for weeks.