View Single Post
Old 02-24-22, 09:34 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4493 Post(s)
Liked 4,172 Times in 2,793 Posts
Originally Posted by markmdavis
I like wearing toe straps for security but also because it is easy to get your foot out of them easily. I do not think I would like the added difficulty of cleats. I have been looking at the SYLVAN TOURING NEXT pedals which are compatible with toe clips and straps. The manufacturer says that this "pedal works well for a wide variety types of shoes, as the cage plate tooth profile is grippy but not particular aggressive." So I guess any good MTB bike shoe such as the Five-Ten? What other options are there?
I have never seen them easy to get in and out of, certainly easy to get caught up in them but clipless pedals are way easier a quick slight turn and I am out easily and I can adjust tension as well. The half moon clips are at least a little easier to get out of no straps. But hey if that is your jam go for it.

Five-Ten makes great shoes and knows rubber quite well.
Likes For veganbikes: