Old 02-28-22, 06:49 PM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20810 Post(s)
Liked 9,456 Times in 4,672 Posts
Originally Posted by Seattle Forrest
I'm not trying to discourage you from posting about this. "How important is it?" is a natural question to ask in response to an announcement like this. My opinion is it isn't very important, but that's an opinion not a fact. I think Spesh would like us to think their decisions will control the future of cycling and this makes tubeless ok for road again.
For context, there was a big hubbub when a couple of their best wheelsets were released and it was announced that they weren't tubeless compatible. Spec basically threw tubeless under the bus, saying that tubeless rim construction sacrificed weight, that (latex) tubes were faster, yadda, yadda, yadda. The anti-tubeless and/or retrogrouches loved it and gloated over their victory. The tubeless crowd pointed to the rim bed shape, which was very obviously intended to be tubeless compatible, and declared that Spec simply ****ed up and was retconning their intent.

This is less a matter of import than a matter of pointing and laughing while Spec eats crow.