Thread: Pro's Closet
View Single Post
Old 03-02-22, 10:06 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11056 Post(s)
Liked 7,607 Times in 4,244 Posts
Originally Posted by msu2001la
I'm curious, how much did the packing/shipping cost?
Originally Posted by prj71
I addtion to getting less from Pros Closet then you lose more money paying to ship the bike.
https://www.theproscloset.com/pages/sell-trade
Shipping to PC is free. And a box should be free from a shop. So someone is out the cost of packing tape if they somehow dont have a roll at their house and some foam pool noodles from the Dollar Store. Oh, and some zipties. Thats like $10 total for a really secure packing job.

As for Craigslist, its obviously different depending on where you live. People come to my house and I go to their house all the time for CL transactions. Maybe the lack of incidents is blissful ignorance and luck, or maybe it isnt as dangerous as claimed. Maybe its just location specific.
I have purchased probably 8 things over the last 10 years in the Chicago area, both suburbs and multiple parts of the city- never any issue. Those have all been in parking lots or on the street outside buildings...it just doesnt seem like some inherently dangerous process if you apply even a bit of common sense.
Likes For mstateglfr: