View Single Post
Old 03-06-22, 10:10 AM
Kat12

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 425 Post(s)
Liked 385 Times in 281 Posts
Originally Posted by zandoval
At the very least ya need a Road Rash Owie kit: Bandaids, Compressed Gause Roll, Betadine Pads for mixing with water and cleaning, Petrolatum Based ointment, Military Cravat, Tape.

Note that road rash even in small patches can be a real bugger!!!
Yes-- I would think I'd carry the things that would keep me on the road with minor injuries. Not being a long-distance rider/commuter, this is just me guessing, but I'm thinking I would encounter two kinds of injuries on the road: the kind where I go to the hospital, in which case nothing I carry (except maybe a cell phone) will help; and the kind where it's not severe enough for the hospital so I need to patch myself up enough to finish the ride home. Someone who has a fleet of people they can/want to call to come pick them up if they get a scrape (or whose route includes a lot of drugstores to buy first-aid things) might need less or nothing.

I'd probably have band-aids for the minor things, gauze pads and tape for the bigger ones, some kind of painkiller so a nasty headache doesn't either derail my ride or make it completely miserable, and probably something with which I can clean gravel and dirt out of a wound if needed.
Likes For Kat12: