View Single Post
Old 03-16-22, 06:43 PM
Tourist in MSN

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1966 Perfekt 3 Speed AB Hub, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad MkII, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3523 Post(s)
Liked 1,500 Times in 1,172 Posts
There are enough people that travel without a stove, or on this forum claim not to bring one, that i am beginning to think it is personal preference on what they want to eat, when, where, how far they are willing to travel between a meal and campsite, and how often they eat.

I have two cups of coffee each morning before my tent comes down. If restaurants are conveniently located, I am inclined to use them. But mosty cook breakfast and supper in the campsite.

Recently there was a very long thread on stoves from every possible perspective.
https://www.bikeforums.net/touring/1...mp-stoves.html

My solo cook kit for bike touring is a titanium pot, a titanium mug that can double as a very small pot for pasta sauce. Double wall titanium coffee mug, and several other bits. The round thing between the green bowl and the large pot is a small aluminum fry pan inside a zip lock baggie that by pure luck nests perfectly inside the large pot. The plastic coffee can lid that is under the pot lifter is my cutting board.

When I travel by air, I use a butane mix canister stove, when I don't fly somewhere I use liquid fuels. Above photo has a butane canister stove in upper left corner.

Every minute or two I would move my pasta noodles and pasta sauce back and forth on the one burner stove to keep both hot. The trip in the photo below was with liquid fuel stove.

Below is a freeze dried breakfast mixed with an envelope of instant cereal for more calories in the mug rehydrating with my coffee mug next to it.

Now and then I splurge for something a bit fancier, if you call fried eggs fancy.

And of course the ham that goes with the eggs.

But, there is of course food that you buy from someone that prepares it for you too.

Likes For Tourist in MSN: