View Single Post
Old 03-20-22, 05:25 PM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4578 Post(s)
Liked 5,117 Times in 3,160 Posts
Originally Posted by vespasianus
Froome had an absolutely terrible accident. Guys is lucky to be riding a bike period.
Exactly. Plus his personality simply doesn't compute with the concept of doping/cheating. Contrast that with Lance's persona! I doubt Pog or any of the younger guys are doping either. It's not considered part of the game like it was back in the day and the younger guys know what doping ultimately did to the previous generations who did consider it part and parcel of the sport. I'm not saying that there are NO cheaters in the peloton, but I think now it is far more likely to be the exception rather than the rule. Pretty much the opposite from 20 years ago, lol.

In the end somebody has to be the winner and it doesn't mean that winner must automatically be doping. We should give Pog some credit for his obvious talent and not assume he is following the previous generation of dopers.

Lance on the other hand was obviously doping. Doping was rife in his day and he had exactly the right personality to go large on it. Pretty much the only person that insisted he wasn't doping was Lance himself!
Likes For PeteHski: