Kapusta
Advanced Slacker

Bikes: Soma Fog Cutter, Surly Wednesday, Canfielld Tilt

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2764 Post(s)
Liked 2,543 Times in 1,435 Posts
Originally Posted by Riveting
I disagree. The fact that overlap happens "makes it a big deal" to me also, because I don't want it to happen, at all. The fact that we don't want it doesn't make us ignorant (that's just an absurd thing for you to say), it just makes YOU more accepting of a bike's inherent faults, than we are willing to accept. I had overlap on a Trek Madone 2.3, went down several times because of it while doing 1-2 mph very tight U-turns where rotation of the cranks is needed to maintain forward motion and balance, toe overlap occurred, I went down. Some of us now want bikes that don't have it. Why is that a problem for you to understand. This thread is about how to avoid overlap. Go start your own thread on how to live with it.
No thread needed. Just don't pedal through a super tight, slow turn. Ratchet one pedal stroke if you need to. The only reason you would need to keep pedaling is if you are on a fixie. I've been riding road/gravel bikes for the past 25 years with toe overlap and never once fell over due to it.

Or alter the bikes handling. It's up to you.

A bike that changes its handling characteristics to avoid something that I already avoid without issue is my definition of "faulty design" for my needs. Perhaps in your case your needs are different since you can't manage the slow sharp curves that others can.

Last edited by Kapusta; 03-24-22 at 10:56 AM.
Likes For Kapusta: