View Single Post
Old 04-23-22, 11:20 AM
tds101 
55+ Club,...

Bikes: 9+,...

Liked 985 Times in 694 Posts
Originally Posted by fooferdoggie
to me a my bike is my vehicle its not a toy I put 9000 miles a year on my commuter e bike and our e tandem. to me lectric is just not sustainable and reliable. plus they weight is way too much. plus the fat tires really slow things down. Just between my bulls with 1.5" tires and my trek 2.5" with a newer bosch motor the bulls I am 2mph faster on it. though the ride is far harsher.
a decent e bike is not really more then a decent road bike anymore. but t jsut depends on how much you ride and if you like a bike to feel and perform well.
Then this is a bike that's not for you, we get that. It's supposedly not "sustainable or reliable", but there's a huge number of Lectric XP owners out there that would wholeheartedly disagree with you. The weight is fine, considering it's a budget ebike with dual batteries, and fat tires that some people prefer. As to you being faster by 2mph, that's irrelevant. This can hit faster speeds, which is nice, but this is a budget friendly bike that can be utilised as a daily ride for quite a few people with lesser budgets. You're comparing, as I stated before, different classes of bikes aimed at COMPLETELY different markets. Enjoy your high end expensive rides, as harsh as you say they are. They're pointless to mention in the demographic this is aimed at.

Have a great day,...👋