Old 04-26-22, 08:45 AM
robbyville

Bikes: Speedvagen Steel

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 429 Post(s)
Liked 248 Times in 156 Posts
Originally Posted by GhostRider62
Probably 1979 for me but I almost never sell a bike. I can only remember selling one frame in my life although have destroyed a few. I would be surprised if anyone shelling out 100 bucks a tire for Herses or expensive tubeless tires would only have one bike or anyone thinking of latex tubes and sealant probably has several bikes.
I’m a one bike rider and have been for many years, probably 2005 or so. Up until about 6 years ago though I had an extra set of wheels that were not tubeless. Sold those and for the last 6 years my extra wheels have been set up tubeless.

I guess I can’t say I’m one bike anymore though. About a year ago a friend sent me back my original DeRosa SLX that I built up in 1992 and sent to her in 2002. I’ve built it up again with some circa 1992 chorus group and my extra wheels set up tubeless are on there too! I should add, I only ride this one day a month about 5 mths per year when the club does our monthly vintage rides (about 40miles), the only reason I used these wheels is because I didn’t want to buy era correct ones and spend the money, not because I was so set on tubeless for a bike only used once per month.

here’s a pic of the bike and the spacers I got to convert the modern cassette to an 8 speed, shifts and rides like a dream!

Last edited by robbyville; 04-26-22 at 09:21 AM.
Likes For robbyville: