Thread: Gout
View Single Post
Old 04-28-22, 10:01 AM
rumrunn6

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r, Marin Muirwoods 29er, Trek FX Alpha 7.0

Liked 3,680 Times in 2,381 Posts
Originally Posted by boozergut
Im on a one year no beer (or any other EtOH) challenge. I started trying to eat 7 fruit and veg servings a day. No more flare ups have occurred, not even that slight pain in the big toe joint that I always had between flare ups. Ive also lost some weight and my systolic BP is down from 150 to 125.

Steroids are awful on your system. Its time to make some permanent changes. Check out this guy for some inspiration along with the OYNB Facebook page. https://www.youtube.com/c/HabitsUnplugged

Good luck!
thank you yes. I've been bragging to friends & relatives that I cured myself. hehe until I went off my diet. progress was slow so they doubled my steroids. finally turning around. liquor is easy for me to stay away from & I'm not a big beer fan. I can normally have meat in moderation & a tequila shot w/ beer on special occasions. but the past few weeks I went overboard on the meat & then added a big load of bear & wine for the recent holidays & it all overwhelmed my system

back to being good!

Last edited by rumrunn6; 04-28-22 at 10:04 AM.