Old 05-11-22, 08:53 PM
carpediemracing 

Bikes: Tsunami road bikes, Dolan DF4 track

Liked 185 Times in 105 Posts
Originally Posted by Flatballer
I don't have a clue who you work for, and I don't know if want to stay in service at all, and I doubt it's the case everywhere, but, after all those caveats, United Tire seems really good, at least the one I go to.

They don't ******** people, they don't nickel and dime you, they do reasonable work for reasonable prices, they'll tell costumers "yes I could rebuild that engine and we're happy to do it, but it's probably not worth it depending on your plans for that car", they do free taillight labor and stuff like that during inspections, etc.

They also all seem to mostly enjoy their jobs.
We have the same attitude too, I think. I mean, sometimes it's worth it to fix something, but sometimes it's not. And I think as a shop everyone is honest. If we damage a car we're the first ones to say it (which is why it irks me when a customer accuses us of breaking something). I think honestly I'm done with the customer facing side of things.

I appreciate the thought on United Tire. When I Google it seems to be a Pennsylvania company?
"...during the Lance years, being fit became the No. 1 thing. Totally the only thing. It’s a big part of what we do, but fitness is not the only thing. There’s skills, there’s tactics … there’s all kinds of stuff..." Tim Johnson