Old 05-23-22, 08:25 PM
tomato coupe

Bikes: Colnago, Van Dessel, Factor, Cervelo, Ritchey

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4065 Post(s)
Liked 7,660 Times in 3,074 Posts
Originally Posted by Korina
Pardon me, but I really need to get this off my chest, and I can't say it to his face.

What the actual Hell, dude???? You're our city's engineer, you run the Transportation Safety Committee, you know better; hell, you ride a bike, and STILL YOU PUT THE RESPONSIBILITY FOR SAFETY ON BIKE RIDERS AND WALKERS. It's not bad enough that you're comfortable with the 85th percentile rule, but when the local paper interviews you about a woman killed by a distracted driver (i.e. bad infrastructure), YOU REMIND BIKE RIDERS AND WALKERS TO DRESS BRIGHTLY AND LOOK OUT FOR DRIVERS. Do you say a single word to drivers to PAY ATTENTION TO THE ONE AND ONLY JOB THEY HAVE? No. This isn't the first time; you say it EVERY. TIME. You have been called out on this, repeatedly, and STILL you persist. Good gods, what will it take for you to open your eyes??

Okay, I feel a little better. I'm on the Transportation Safety Committee, and I'm not the only one to get peeved when he says/publishes that bull pucky in public and puts our name on it. We've told him, and he said he'd run this stuff by us before publishing it, but I'm not sure how much I believe it.

Her name, by the way, was Jennifer Garcia, and her last act was to push her 2-year-old's stroller out of danger. The driver, a young man, admitted to being distracted, probably on his phone; this means he felt comfortable enough to take his eyes off the road while going down a slope on a blind turn. Bad street design.
In what universe is a young driver distracted by his phone an issue of bad street design?
Likes For tomato coupe: