Old 05-25-22, 01:58 AM
jccaclimber

Bikes: n, I would like n+1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked 133 Times in 108 Posts
Originally Posted by Andrew R Stewart
R_l- Ther are many of us, but likely not enough, to profit from the effort to produce a replica/aftermarket replacement. I figure I have about 5+ years of X cleats stashed away. Too bad I walk off the bike a bunch...

I will be the contrarian and ask what is the difference between a "cheap knock off" and an after the manufacturer quite the replacement market part? Sadly in this case I suspect it has something to do with country of origin. If this was a part made in the US for a Harley or a Ford I don't think we'd see some of the dismissive replies. I would consider checking out a X cleat not made by either the former or current Speedplay. But i can track stand at ease and know how to stick out my hips to roll and not impact when i fall to the side. Andy
Amusing side note that speaks to peoples biases/expectations. At some point I was touring a factory for work and one of the components being made in that plant was a critical Harley engine component….at a factory in Germany, by a company that has a large US manufacturing base as well.