Old 05-30-22, 01:05 PM
himespau 

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4274 Post(s)
Liked 2,996 Times in 1,842 Posts
Originally Posted by atwl77
Netgear, huh.

Might just be a coincidence but in a simracing game that I play, iRacing, it is well-known among the community that Netgear routers don't play well with it, the developers tried to work with Netgear to resolve it but that didn't pan out, so anytime someone on the forum asks about network issues one of the first questions will always be, "are you on a Netgear router?"
Huh, interesting. I found out the hard way after building my "gaming" pc to use in Zwift that Zwift doesn't work well with AMD processors or GPUs. Not working well with my network would be just the whipped cream on top of it all. It actually hasn't had a problem until a month or so ago, and then my desktop that I don't zwift on and my zwifting computer have been having issues, so I'd guess it's either my modem or router that is failing (or something upstream of my house in the signal passage). Just looking right now, the light for internet coming in on my router is a very constant flicker (almost solidly on, but not quite) and the ethernet out is the same (while all the wifi lines out are solid white so I can see the difference), which might imply to me that it's a ethernet signal coming into the router issue.