Old 06-09-22, 06:52 AM
base2 
I am potato.

Bikes: Only precision built, custom high performance elitist machines of the highest caliber. 🍆

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1818 Post(s)
Liked 1,689 Times in 967 Posts
Originally Posted by Krov9
I don't think I mentioned anything about brakes or forks so I struggle to follow you here... In terms of brake reach, it's pretty reasonable at 50mm with the said 650B wheels, and I'm confident this is the original fork for this frame. It's a mid-80's low end Rossin "Infinity" road bike in the smallest size, 50cm. I've only just run a mockup configuration, and as of now I don't have a good pic of the bare frameset.
I only mentioned the brake reach as a means of guesstimating an appropriate wheel size. I work in a Co-Op & regularly see all manner of combinations of parts. The most recent was a 700c Electra Townie with a 20inch (406) BMX coaster brake wheel installed & a 7 speed cassette installed where the single speed cog ought to be. You probably guessed it; the derailleur was indeed blown out from coaster brake application & the frame tweaked from being tightened down on a 120mm OLD.

Anywho. If you're confident everything lines up as it should, then all is good as far as I can see.

Car dependency is a tax.