View Single Post
Old 06-13-22, 09:26 AM
furiousferret

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 842 Post(s)
Liked 469 Times in 250 Posts
SCNCA State Champs 50+ 14th

I know technically it's a district, but it covers 26 million people, so I kinda feel the term 'district' underrates the quality.

36 miles over hilly terrain. I did a lot of work during the ride and tried to jump on 2 breaks, but they didn't stick, and I did a lot of pulling. According to my wife, I pulled at least half the laps. In past 50+ races it's been a, 'Let's all go 15 mph until the last 300 meters' and I didn't want that to happen. Also, pulling up a hill is probably the same work as people behind me, I was easily the lightest guy in the field.

I was in good position going into the last turn (which there's still a good mile) but then the guy in front of me decided to soft pedal, boxing us in next to the curb and cost 2-3 of us a sprint. That being said, even if I was clear I don't think I had the energy. I need to learn that racing isn't Worlds and I can't ride people off my wheel.

I don't know if this is a legit complaint or just whining, but we were mixed in with 45+. That group animated the race, and dictated things. It helped big teams and sprinters, who wouldn't have extra teammates or a draft to protect them. I'm not really disappointed, maybe a tad, I just need to figure out how to actually get results.

Last edited by furiousferret; 06-13-22 at 09:29 AM.
Likes For furiousferret: