Old 06-16-22, 02:05 PM
Krov9

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked 45 Times in 25 Posts
Originally Posted by icemilkcoffee
That steel frame looks to be too small for you. The bottom bracket height is 243mm! I think it was for junior racing.
Back in the mid 90s' to the mid 2000's, Trek and Cannondale both made a bunch of 650c wheel road bikes. I feel these are the best options for shorter riders. I would keep an eye out for those if I were you. This is a 44cm Cannondale R500 I got for my son who was around 5'1" when I bought him the bike:

I put the 155mm Origin8 crankset , short reach Microshift brifters and Panaracer Pasela 650x28c folding bead tires on there.
650x28c and 650x25c wire bead Pasela tires are available all the time. 650x28c folding bead Paselas are available once in a blue moon.
That bottom bracket height, among others, is most likely way off in the geometry drawing I made, really based on just the three or so measurements I knew.

Here's the ebay page for that frame, for that price Columbus SL and >1700 gram sure sounds like a steal, right? https://www.ebay.com/itm/26557287338...sAAOSw3f5hcWxp

Judging by the measurements, it seems that frame might have been designed with 24" rather than 26"/650C wheels in mind?

I've been keeping my eyes open for any Cannondales etc. in the right sizes, but so far I've only come across 48-50cm bikes with 700C wheels and awkward seat+fork angles.

The Rossin is coming together albeit slowly, as there still seems to be some issues with availability of parts, namely ITA bottom brackets. One I bought from LBS wasn't the right length after all, so I'll have to order somewhere else.

At the moment I have two 155mm cranksets, a Dotek without chainrings and a Miche Young double with 35-42. I first bought the Dotek from abroad for a little too much, and then I found the Miche locally for much less. The Dotek crank was sold as a BMX crank, but it's obviously meant for double, and the spider looks like it would be easy to drill&tap for triple too. I've heard these Doteks have some bad cred, so maybe I'll try the Miche first.

Last edited by Krov9; 06-16-22 at 02:09 PM.