burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
Originally Posted by jdogg111
I'm seeing a ton of e bikes on our local greenways lately, and it not just old geezers like me . Lots of folks that look to b in their 40s and even 30s. At a rest stop recently, I asked an older gent if I could lift his bike, I just wanted a sense of the weight. Goodness it had to be at least 40 lbs or more. Seems like a light 20 lb bike would be as easy to ride as that bad boy is, but what do I know, they pass me like I'm standing still. My question is , are they getting a good workout?
BF already went thru this piss and moan. I'm not giving you a hard time, just an FYI.

Basically the easiest answer is "it depends". Yes they could. Perhaps they aren't. Only they know for sure.

Part of it also is assuming a person's intention of use. You can't presume they use one for exercise. Maybe it's a car avoidance thing, not using a car to/from your favorite park or local eating place or something.

My only last hangup these days is folks clearly using them as a "liquor cycle" pronounced liquor-sickle to either get by after a DUI or because they're actively drinking and riding the e-bike OR their weird one-wheel between each bar on the route. Which is a wholly unacceptable use of municipal trails.