View Single Post
Old 07-07-22, 03:16 PM
fishboat

Bikes: Lemond '01 Maillot Jaune, Lemond '02 Victoire, Lemond '03 Poprad, Lemond '03 Wayzata DB conv(Poprad), '79 AcerMex Windsor Carrera Professional(pur new), '88 GT Tequesta(pur new), '01 Bianchi Grizzly, 1993 Trek 970 DB conv, Trek 8900 DB conv

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 759 Post(s)
Liked 811 Times in 471 Posts
Originally Posted by Tourist in MSN
Thanks for the warning. I just turned off auto update for Maps.Me. I never used the feature that you cited, but I see no need to auto update it. But, it auto updated three days ago, thus it might have already updated to the version you have.

Maps.Me, about a decade ago that app was called Maps With Me. I paid the one-time lifetime fee to turn off all ads back then. And the ads came back, I complained to their customer support about the ads, their response was something like - you can't expect to get a lifetime without ads must because you paid a lifetime fee.
My update date appears to be 7/3/22. If your version updated you'll notice a new set of option-links on the bottom of the screen when you open the app. If you use/used it with any frequency, you'll notice differences in what options are available and where they're now located(if they exist at all). In any event, updates can't be avoided indefinitely. If you used M.M at all and liked it, then I'd take a hard look at Organic Maps..it'll look exactly the same as the old M.M from what I've seen so far. I've always used the free version of M.M (maybe 5-7 years) and have never seen an ad...one thing I liked about it.