Old 07-11-22, 09:53 PM
dglevy
Dopamine Junkie

Bikes: (1) Giant TCR racing bike, Ultegra/DuraAce groupo. (2) Kastle TT bike, Ultegra groupo.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Newbie help! Are clincher tires on Enve 5.6 tubeless wheels a hassle?

Hi all, I'm thinking about about buying a used racing bike--right size, good components, integrated power meter, deep dish wheels--all perfect for training and racing. The thing is I'm a clincher tires guy and the bike has tubeless Enve 5.6 wheels. The seller assures me that these wheels can take clincher tires but threads I've seen here seem to indicate that there can be lots of problems installing/removing tires on a tubeless wheel--I'm not sure if the problem is trying to put clinchers on a tubeless wheel or if it's putting *any* tire on a tubeless wheel. I'm happy riding clinchers--I'm only 145 lbs, never get pinch flats, rarely get any flats at all--but this bike has everything I need, the only problem is the tubeless wheels. If you have experience in this area, but let me know what you think about this potential purchase. I want the bike but I DON'T want any more hassles than I already have with bicycle maintenance!...