View Single Post
Old 07-15-22, 12:01 PM
indyfabz

Liked 17,422 Times in 8,135 Posts
Originally Posted by terrymorse
Be careful, an open door in the Bay Area is an invitation to rats and mice.
I live in Philly. In addition to rats and mice being around where I live, we have possums and raccoons right in my alley. I think it was a 'coon that got into my trash on the back deck several years ago after I forgot to seal the lid to the can. I live pretty close to an expansive park area with lots of large trees. Perfect place for them to live and plenty of neighborhood trash nearby to feed on. One day my neighbor was on her ground-level patio reading when a mouse started running around. Maybe 3 month ago a possum was lurking around. He got into their space, waked along the fence and started staring in the neighbor's window and they were preparing dinner. I stated waiving at them and thing walked off. They have a little fountain out back they told me something stole a couple of their fake plastic fish. I will bet it was a 'coon. I once had one try to steal a completely empty pannier while on a tour.

Neighbor's fence back in early December 2021. The photo doesn’t do his size justice. He was really fat.

Last edited by indyfabz; 07-15-22 at 12:04 PM.