Thread: Pbp 2023
View Single Post
Old 07-22-22, 02:49 PM
GhostRider62

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2333 Post(s)
Liked 2,097 Times in 1,314 Posts
My rear tail light battery (Lithium) was good at Loudeac in 2019 but it got cold out and it was very dim somewhere further afield, actually, it was Fougeres. A German fellow rightfully yelled at me. It was a bit harsh but I deserved it. So, I stopped and put new batteries in

At the inspection in 2019, I presented a spiffy recumbent and the big old grouch was failing me because it did not have a chain ring guard. The recumbents and velomobiles had a special inspection place. Unfortunately, I waiting in the rain with upwrongs until I got to the message.

So, I read the rules to the good chap. A guard is recommended. We go back and forth. He tells me they were required at the World sandal wearing championship in Southern France a week prior. Yes, I know that. I know two riders who raced. I explained I tried to buy one but there were none in the USA. He says, I could have used cardboard. I need respect for the riders ahead of me. Now, I am pissed. So, I say. "They will all be on my wheel or dropped". It gets a little heated. An older and very lean and obviously fit Frenchmen comes over. I explained nicely that once we get out a couple hours, it is a solo effort. The big dude jumps in, the Elder waves him away. And, voila! I get approved. What stress. Imagine that on the road.
Likes For GhostRider62: