gugie 
Bike Butcher of Portland

Bikes: It's complicated.

Mentioned: 1303 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4707 Post(s)
Liked 5,875 Times in 2,310 Posts
Originally Posted by RustyJames
Same as Jeff Wills. 😡 Hopefully the Fahrenheits drop down for y’all.
Long term forecast (for what they're worth) is for temps to drop next week. The hotter the day, the earlier we'll start. Prediction tomorrow, for example is a high of 100. At 7am it'll be 69 degrees, it'll be 91 degrees by 1pm. I always budget 1 hour for every 10 miles on a tour including stops. With daily mileage in the 50-60 mile range, we'll miss the hottest part of the day. Humidity on hot days in the Willamette Valley are quite low.

We'll make sure and keep hydrated, and I think we can manage our way through the day.

Reminder that there is always some audacious decisions made planning a bike tour when you plan months in advance. My plan if we have 110 degree days and/or forest fires nearby that create unsafe riding conditions is to just cancel. That's always an option. In 2019 the group did essentially the same ride, and there was a very real chance that it would be snowing during the ride. Organizing a bunch of people requires putting a stake in the ground on dates, we were audacious in thinking the weather would be fine to ride in, and were rewarded with 3 days of cold, but sunny weather.