Old 07-31-22, 04:56 PM
I-Like-To-Bike
Been Around Awhile

Bikes: Vaterland and Ragazzi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 1,576 Times in 1,064 Posts
I don't think that any bicyclist will learn much from viewing the OP video other than that it can be dangerous to run red lights especially when not looking for approaching traffic. If anyone is old enough to ride without training wheels that know that already.

A few posters recommend or allege that safety (or continued employment) dictates that good drivers slow down or even crawl through intersections dead slow, and it doesn't matter if the driver has a clear right of way. It would be a bad idea for any bicyclist to base their own safety on any anticipation that motorists will behave in that way.

I would recommend that every motorist who makes a practice of driving like that be required to install emergency lights on their vehicle and keep them flashing at all times as a warning to other drivers to keep clear of the oh-so-cautious driver in front of them who may choose to slow down for no apparent reason, just like phantom braking in some defective cars. I would also affix a big sign like this to the back of my vehicle;

or maybe add a few hazardous material placards to keep all these "bad drivers" at a safe distance from my unexpected "slowing down" for whatever hazards I imagine could appear in any intersection.

Maybe blasting a super loud siren when approaching every intersection.will help at keeping anybody from getting too close.