Old 08-01-22, 12:33 PM
repechage

Mentioned: 130 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3464 Post(s)
Liked 2,837 Times in 2,000 Posts
Originally Posted by JackJohn
Thanks, do you refer to foot/wheel clearance when steering on small sized frames? I was able to measure and check differences between some French and Italian small frames - the former having the TT a few cm longer than the ST, the latter being more squared - but expected the most racing Raleigh model to be more compact… 4cm difference seems weird, will check with the seller if I can get in touch…
in the 70's the UCI rules really goofed things up for smaller riders. Today's dimension limits allow for "toe clip overlap" They also measure "front center" differently than a bike shop does along a line between the BB spindle center and the front wheel axle. The UCI measures a line parallel to the ground. (how a number of custom framebuilders do, really depends on how the jig is set up.) Richard Sachs measures the UCI way last he explained it.
Not sure the evolution of the rules, the UCI is always refining them but does not have an archive I could easily find on the history.
Also, in the 70's the official language of the UCI was French, they did not supply translations.