Old 08-01-22, 06:51 PM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10540 Post(s)
Liked 12,115 Times in 6,201 Posts
Okay, one more time:
Your assertion that modern aero bikes put the rider in an unaerodynamic position are the purest hogwash, and can only have been concocted out of ignorance. Here is a shot of the peloton from the recent Tour de France Femmes. Notice that these women are riding standard bike frames, not customs. They're using standard stems, not elongated severe negative rise stems. They're using compact bars.

And what else do you notice? Most of their torsos are close to level - WHILE ON THE HOODS, and not with level forearms.

SO, the idea that these are somehow unaerodynamic comfort bikes is just totally inane and bears no relation to reality. Modern aero bikes allow the rider to get into a comfortable position that is also pretty aerodynamic for riding long distances, but also to get into a more aerodynamic position when required. So, the claim that Big Bike is forcing pro riders to struggle with unaerodynamic aero bikes, so they can sell them to The Great Unwashed is all in your head. I wish you'd leave it there.

Oh, and if you're going to try make a point about bar height, you realize you don't just measure bar-to-floor, right? You have to measure BB center to floor as well and then subtract that, because - and I can't believe I have to explain this to a nominal adult - BIGGER TIRES RAISE THE ENTIRE BIKE.

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles
Likes For genejockey: