View Single Post
Old 08-03-22, 06:06 AM
Radish_legs

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 455 Post(s)
Liked 65 Times in 33 Posts
3/4 Crit yesterday
2 young fast favorites attacked. Another young fast guy attacked and was bridging. I bridged up to the bridging guy (only one who made it). And we started working together to get to the 2 on the front. Just a few seconds behind, my saddle started slipping forward. So I called it quits and sat up, went back to the car and tightened it up.

Masters 1-4
Did the Masters crit next. Many attacks, much stuff happened. Unfortunately my memory card was full, so I didn't get any video. I made a small selection of the best guys in the race, and there were several attacks. The best sprinter had a teammate going over the top twice, which added to the complexity, as he had to be brought back. Actually did some work in this race on the front for tactical reasons. Sprinter attacks half-mile out into the headwind, drops one of the main rivals who had done a lot of work to bring back the sprinter's teammate. Me and sprinter are off the front, but slow up in the headwind allowing a couple more guys to catch on. Then I'm on the front with half mile to go. I didn't want to be on the front. But no one would pass me. We were rolling about 23mph. At the 2nd to last turn I hit it, and managed to hold off the sprinter, even though my power numbers were garbage and my top speed was garbage. I must have gapped him good at the beginning of the sprint. He was catching up to me before the line, but probably had 1.5 bike lengths on him or so. 1st.
Likes For Radish_legs: