View Single Post
Old 08-04-22, 07:24 AM
RH Clark

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 606 Post(s)
Liked 518 Times in 289 Posts
Originally Posted by ZHVelo
That's funny. I did the exact opposite. I eat almost exclusively carbs and I went to under 10% body fat doing that. Of course that only works if you regularly deplete your glycogen stores and fill them back up. Personally, eating far less meat for example has helped my digestion, feel less bloated (not that it was a problem before, but something I definitely noticed, I am far less gassy overall and rarely feel bloated). I still eat it because I love it, but most weekday lunch and dinner plans are without.

But that's my point. Keto people often push it as a magical bullet. But it's not. It is highly individual, and often the benefits are from cutting down processed carbs, but not things like oats, wholewheat, fruits.
I don't push Keto as an absolute solution either. I too feel that most people would benefit from less meat. I got to my lowest body weight when I went total Vegan for 6 months, but I was hungry all the time and I bonked really hard once about 35 miles into a ride. My philosophy of eating is only whole foods, healthy meats, and intermittent fasting. I feel this is where the greatest benefits are found.
Likes For RH Clark: