Old 08-04-22, 10:59 PM
SpeedyBlueBiker

Bikes: 1999 Giant ATX MTB, 2002 Lemond Zurich, 2018 Fuji Transonic 2.3, 2019 Specialized Tarmac Disc Expert

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Liked 402 Times in 231 Posts
I have a cheap bike rack but I never use it. It's not one of those good hitch mount type. Instead I use my very old 200K+ mile Honda CRV with dark tinted windows to haul my bike around. It's my bike car, trailhead car, drive in the snow and ice car, and car for parking in sketchy areas. I fold the rear seats down put a blanket down and then take off the front wheel and set (not slide) the bike in the cargo area. I then cover it with two blankets and also the tono cover keeps part of the bike hidden. Makes it difficult to tell what is in there. Plus being an older car no one will think anything of value is in the car anyway. I still don't like leaving my bike unattended even in this car for very long. Works great for what I need it for and my bikes never collect dust, grime, dirt, and other crap that is on the road. It also is out of the sun and rain except when I'm riding in the sun and rain.