Old 08-05-22, 05:54 PM
Ttom

Bikes: Kona Sutra SE

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked 61 Times in 34 Posts
Originally Posted by Mickmeister
About 2 weeks ago I replaced the stock tire on my Aggressor Pro with a Kenda Kwick Drumlin. I took it for a ten mile ride, with no problems. A few days later it had gone down from 60 psi to 50; I topped it off and went for a twenty mile ride - again no issues. Today the tire is totally flat - even though it's just been sitting in my garage since the twenty miler. I thought maybe it was another slow leak, but no - any air I put in leaks right out near the valve. What could cause it to work fine on those rides, then develop a major leak just sitting in the garage?
I had a tube that would hold air for weeks at a time and then go flat on my 6 mile commute to work in spite of the fact that I always topped of the air pressure every morning before leaving the house. Took the tube out filled it with air submerged it in water and could not find a leak. Put the tube back in and wouldn't you know it a few months later it went flat again. The only possible explanation I can think of is something had to be mucking around with the valve stem, that happened 3 times, I replace the tube. But we are talking 70psi to flat inside of a 30 minute ride I still want to know what that was all about. It is just not possible but it happened.
Likes For Ttom: